- An open wire basket is approximately half-filled with parts for coating.
Underneath the basket is a large pail, half-filled with coating.
- The coating reservoir is raised to immerse the basket with parts in the coating liquid. Immersion times of 5 - 10 seconds are normal.
- The reservoir is partly lowered and the basket, still inside the upper
half of the pail, is spun once in each direction to remove excess coating.
Speed and time are determined experimentally for each type of part.
- The reservoir is fully lowered and parts are unloaded onto wire mesh
trays or conveyors for flash-off and cure. The process is repeated to assure
proper coverage of the parts.
- Best for small parts with simple shapes such as fasteners and small formed or machined parts.
- Multiple coat operation.
- Fast, simple, very efficient.
- Massive throughput.
- Not suitable for parts with "blind" cavities or parts that "nest" or
Dip/spin application is best
for small parts with
For more information visit our product information portal – Product Knowledge Network